Preparing for Acupuncture - Community or a Private treatment
The following guidelines will help you maximize the benefits of your acupuncture treatment:
- Within 3 hours of your appointment, avoid any intoxicants or stimulants, such as alcohol, caffeine and tobacco.
- If you are feeling hungry, eat a light snack before your session.
- It is a good idea to allow at least one to 1 ½ hours for your initial acupuncture visit and at least 1 hour for your follow up visit. But if you are in a hurry, please let us know.
- For a Community treatment: Feel free to bring whatever personal items you need to make yourself comfortable such as a favorite pillow, shawl or blanket, and/or earplugs to block the occasional snorer. You are welcome to bring your own music (to plug into our headphones). We have blankets, ear phones and pillows that may be used for lumbar support.
- Please do not wear strong scented products.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes that are easy to roll up to your elbows and knees.
After your treatment:
- After acupuncture, our bodies tend to feel more sensitive, and it is best to avoid extremes of indulgence, temperature and activity for a few hours...such as intense work-outs, staying out in the cold wind or excessive alcohol drinking.
- Remember to drink plenty of water after your treatment. This will assist in flushing toxins out of your body.
- A warm epsom salt bath is a fantastic way to complete the overall healing effects of your treatment.